Tuesday, January 5, 2010

Horny



No – not in THAT way…

On Sunday morning we were partaking in one of my favorite activities – family snuggle.  My son, my husband and I cuddle up in bed and just talk.  I love this time of day because everyone is relaxed and kind of silly, there are no distractions, no TV, no chores, no rushing around to “get things done”. We bond (I know that word is so cheesy). 

This particular Sunday, my son made up a new game that I’m not sure I like – I call it the flying headbutt.  Now to be fair, he didn’t do it on purpose. He was evading his tickling daddy with some cool ninja-like moves and slammed his head into mine.  How he came out of this whole thing without a scratch is beyond me.  When he hit me, I actually saw stars and almost vomited right then and there from the pain. I ended up with a giant blue lump above my right eye.  It looks like the nub of a horn, like you would see on a baby deer but less cute.

Today is Tuesday and my horn is no less prominent, in fact my boss called me a unicorn.  I have no idea how long this thing will be around. What I do know is that there will be no more ninja moves during family snuggle.  Unless I’m wearing a helmet.

2 comments:

  1. Oh good grief sweetie! Yes, you should ban that game:) Hope your nub goes away soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am a mean mom/wife: I flat out banned tickling. My thing is: just because the person is laughing, if they are not doing it on their own will, it is bullying. And yes, it often ends up in crying. *sigh*

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!