Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Will you marry me?


Recently my brother, his wife and their two kids came to visit. The Kid was over the moon excited because he loves his cousin Abby. They don’t see each other very often – about 3 times a year, but when they do, watch out! They are inseparable.

We decided to go to a place called Tom’s Farms for a day of playing, petting zoos, riding kiddie trains and good old-fashioned hometown fun. We had to take two separate cars because none of us has a car big enough to hold 4 adults and three kids. The Kid and his cousin HAD to ride together so my husband and I took them while my brother and his wife drove with cousin #2(no less loved, but younger).

While on the ride The Kid and cousin Abby were making up silly songs and giggling together when suddenly The Kid got very quiet and very serious. He took Abby by the hand and asked with all sincerity “Abby, will you be my wife?” Cousin Abby laughed thinking that he was joking and went back to singing. The Kid was not going to let it go that easily and said “I’m serious – will you marry me”. Cousin Abby pondered it for a minute and then responded “I have to think about it”. While the exchange is actually kind of funny coming from two 5 year olds, The Kid was absolutely crushed and began to cry. Once cousin Abby saw how sad The Kid was, she decided that she needed to explain. She said “I don’t know if I can be your wife – I told my Daddy that I was going to be HIS wife”. Stay tuned - the whole family may be moving to Arkansas…

2 comments:

  1. Very funny but not as funny as the T-shirt in your last blog entry I spilled my tea as I glanced at it... thanks...lol.

    You have a great blog.

    Tom Bailey

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOL. The ending is a great surprise and priceless!

    ReplyDelete

I love your comments!